To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form 48 hours prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You may fax your registration form to (907)550-6179 attention Pre-Registration Department. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is (907) 550-6215.
After receiving your preregistration information and your insurance has been verified a Patient Account Representative will call you before your date of surgery to review your financial responsibility and answer any questions.
They will review special instructions and try to answer any questions you may have. If you have not received a call by 3:00 p.m. the business day before your surgery or you have additional questions please call us at (907) 550-6100 or (907) 550-6215 between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations. Failure to follow the guidelines on food and drink, alcohol, and smoking may result in your surgery being delayed, postponed, or cancelled.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
If you are arriving BEFORE 1 p.m:
Do not eat food or drink after midnight the night before your surgery.
If you are arriving AFTER 1 p.m:
You may have clear, non-alcoholic liquids before 7:00am, then nothing following. Clear liquids include water, apple juice without pulp, carbonated beverages, clear tea and black coffee. Liquids that are not clear are juices with pulp, opaque juices (like orange juce) and milk.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home, this includes jewelry.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours after your procedure.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or uses sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the PreOp department at 907-550-6134 or the alternate 907-550-6108 as soon as possible.